eScholar EDEN Solution
The eScholar EDEN Solution is a comprehensive, commercial off-the-shelf software workflow tool that reduces the burden on state education agencies by simplifying the EDEN data submission process.
Using an intuitive interface, state personnel can seamlessly create EDEN files using data from any number of source systems, including the eScholar Complete Data Warehouse® product. eScholar’s powerful and configurable data transformation and load routines extract data, apply the necessary formatting, perform the EdFacts-required calculations and aggregation, apply EdFacts-specified business rules and file naming conventions and create submission-ready files for each of the approximately 100 required EDEN files per school year. All aggregated data is loaded and stored indefinitely in the eScholar EDEN Data Mart, allowing states to review, analyze, and report data on demand and longitudinally from a central repository.
Using the eScholar EDEN Solution to produce EDEN files allows SEAs to concentrate on the content and quality of the underlying data, rather than on the mechanics of producing EDEN files. And since the EDEN file specifications may change from year to year and also during any given school year, eScholar regularly monitors EdFacts for changes to the EDEN specifications and updates its processes to stay in compliance with the changing EDFacts requirements.
Key Features and Benefits of the eScholar EDEN Solution:
- Web-based Footprint delivers GUI-based end-to-end workflow for sourcing and aggregation of data, and creation of files ready for submission to the EdFacts portal.
- Full Suite of Packaged ETL for EDEN File Creation for each of the nearly 100 EDEN file specifications released each year.
- Proven System Architecture that supports the collection of EDEN required data elements from anywhere. EDEN data can be sourced from the eScholar Complete Data Warehouse or from other external sources, enabling rapid implementation.
- Powered by the Industry’s Most Comprehensive Data Model, the eScholar Complete Data Warehouse can serve as a primary source for the detailed data required in producing EDEN files.
- Fully Documented COTS Solution includes comprehensive documentation for creating each of the EDEN files, allowing state personnel to hit the ground running.
- Compatible with any ODBC-compliant Reporting, Analysis or OLAP Tool so you can use the analysis tools you are familiar with to analyze EDEN data in the eScholar EDEN Data Mart before final file creation.
- Compatible with both Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database platforms, so your warehouse is in compliance with your stack requirements.
EDEN Case Study
EDEN/EDFacts Data Submission - New Mexico and New York
Simplify EDEN/EDFacts Data Submission
Using eScholar to produce EDEN files allows each state to concentrate on the content and quality of the underlying data, rather than on the mechanics of applying the necessary formatting, calculation, aggregation, and file naming rules to each of the approximately 80 required EDEN files per school year.
It is our expectation that the capabilities of Version 7, in particular the enhanced Batch Search component will enable us to significantly improve the way that we administer our student IDs. The ability to quickly and easily match the IDs of students from other sources and other systems, such as Direct Certification for Free Lunch and students who have enrolled in postsecondary, will be a significant timesaver and will result in higher quality data.
Kathy Gosa - Kansas DoE